20MnCr5/DIN 1.7147 Case Hardening Steel
20MnCr5/DIN 1.7147 Case Hardening steel manufacturers and suppliers, supplied in round rods,square/flat bars,rollers,shafts,blocks and forging pieces.
20MnCr5/Din 1.7147 Case Hardening steel a Chromium-Manganese steel according to DIN standard which has tensile strength and wearing resistance after QT heat treatment.It is widely used in piston bolts, spindles, camshafts, gears, shafts and other mechanical controlling parts.
1.Chemical Composition For 20MnCr5
3.Critical Temperature for Heat Treatment of 20MnCr5
4.Forging 20MnCr5/DIN 1.7147
Forging Temperature:850-1050℃,slow cooling in sands after forged.
20MnCr5 Steel Forging
5.Heat Treatment For 20MnCr5 steel
- Normalizing:880℃-920℃,Cool in air
- Annealing:840-860℃,Cool in furnace,hardness below 187HBW.
- Isothermal Annealing:640-650℃ with harddess 160-170HBW.Structure:Ferrite(F)+Pearlite(P）
- Carburizing: 910-930℃
|Surface carbon concentration||Effective hardened layer depth||Surface hardness||Core hardness|
- Case Hardening:810 – 830°C,oil /water quench
- Tempering:180°C – 200°C,air cooling
6.20MnCr5 Steel Mechanical Property with Quenched and Tempered condition
880°C oil quench with 2.5 hours heating, Tempering at 180°C with 1 hour,air cooling
|Tensile,Mpa||Yield,Mpa||Elongation,%||Reduction of Area,%||Charpy Impact, J|
7.Supply Size & Condition For 20MnCr5 steel
- Round Bars: Dia.80 – 1,000mm as Forged
- Flat / Square Bars: Thickness Max.800mm
- Shafts, Rollers, Blocks: Customized or According to Drawing
- Rolled Round Bars: Dia.16 – 300mm with UT Assurance
Heat treatment:Quenched and Tempered (+QT), Normalizing (+N), Annealing (+A)
Surface finish:Black / Rough turned / Peeled
A material test report(Inspection Certificate EN 10204 3.1) will be provided, documenting the following:
4.Non metallic inclusion
5.Heat treatment report
8.Ultrasonic test report